Skip to main content.

toxin

Picture of Stephanie Baer

“To find out after the fact that this could have been avoided — you put my kid through a little nightmare here and you affected his health,” said one mother whose 13-year-old son fell ill after jet skiing in the lake.

Picture of Stephanie Baer

It took less than 30 minutes for the 2-year-old golden retriever to die. One moment, the dog was swimming alongside her owners' canoe. The next, she was seizing and foaming at the mouth. Experts say toxic algae is a rising threat in California waters.

CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY

Follow Us

Facebook


Twitter

CHJ Icon
ReportingHealth